Nourishing Earth & Supporting Digestion:
An Integrated Approach Using Tui Na, Moxa & Acupuncture
Victoria LIVE WORKSHOP
~May 25th-26th, 2019~
with Sarah Pritchard Lic.AC, MBAcC., Dip. Tui Na, Clin. Cert. Tui Na (Nanjing)
FOR ACUPUNCTURISTS – 14 CEUs
“I love your courses and the way you and Isabel teach and interact! I really like the fact that we are “doing”, not just “listening”. I learn and retain more by putting the theory into practice. Your course is the perfect ratio of theory and practice. Thank you! As an acupuncturist and massage therapist, I can integrate tuina into both aspects of my practice. I would definitely recommend your courses to my colleagues.”
~E. Livingston, 2019 Live Workshop Student
“I wanted to express my gratitude for your wisdom and enthusiasm in this medicine we are all so passionate about. This was the missing link I had in my education and where I want my practice to go and how I want to heal my patients. I now have a level of confidence that I need to move forward in my educational career… and with my growing clientele in my business.”
~M.M., 2018 Live Workshop Student
Date: Saturday May 25th – Sunday May 26th, 2019
Time: 9:00am – 5:00pm (14 CEUs)
Location: Victoria, B.C., WCCMT, #100, 818 Broughton St, Victoria, BC V8W 1E4, Canada
Student rate: C$340 – please send proof of current student ID through the ‘contact’ area of the site in order to receive your coupon code
Contact: Please contact Sarah directly should you have any questions about this amazing workshop: firstname.lastname@example.org
The health and harmony of the Spleen and Stomach are fundamental to our wellbeing. The Earth element represents the grounded centre, the embracing, encompassing and nourishing mother. It generates thought, Qi and Blood, it transforms and transports, ascends and descends. We could easily argue that in our 21st Century Western lives the Earth element is the most important element to address.
Of course, this is nothing new, Li Dong Yuan (1180 -1251) developed the Earth School of thinking. He believed that the cause of most disease was a weakened Spleen and Stomach caused by poor diet, over work and repressed emotion.
Taxation of Spleen Qi and the resulting stagnation from holding and storing are at the root of the now so common inflammatory bowel conditions we see in clinic such as IBS, Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease.
The question is, are we generating the thoughts, feelings and life style that will support us on our journey to discover who we are by nature and express that fully in the world? Or are we generating circular loops of thought and behaviour that block us, creating density and accumulation? What we cannot transform and transport we will hold and store, most commonly in our intestines and in the Dai Mai, the vessel of latency.
Our exploration for this two days will be how do we as practitioners support those who come to us for help with digestive issues, with the stress of life, the overthinking and the repression of emotion? How do we best provide nourishment and clear what is held, accumulated and stagnant?
Another important question is how do we as practitioners look after our Earth when our eyes are turned outwards to the needs of others?
In this two day practical workshop for acupuncturists, we will:
- Learn and practise the key Storing Qi and Developing Sensitivity exercises and the 6 Sounds Qi Gong practice, with an emphasis on the sound for Earth. We will explore the application of these systems for both self-healing and application in treatment
- Discuss the role and importance of the Earth element in our lives and in practice, digestion as a metaphor, and the relationship between ‘preheaven’ our nature and potential and ‘post-heaven what we are ‘fed’ from birth by our parents, culture, society, media etc.
- Discuss and explore the relationship between the Spleen, the Chong Mai, Ren Mai and Dai Mai
- Explore ideas and practical methods for creating flowing and satisfying treatments in clinic integrating our skills of acupuncture, Tui na, moxa and ancillary therapies in the treatment of common digestive complaints
- Learn and experience tangible hands on Tui na routines for nourishing the Earth element, harmonising the digestion and regulating ascending & descending
- Learn simple, practical Tui na, moxa and acupuncture combinations to help in the treatment of common digestive complaints such as constipation, reflux and chronic inflammatory bowel conditions like IBS, Crohn’s disease and Colitis
- Experience alternative methods for accessing Qi and stimulating points
- Develop and practise your Tui na skills, including Gun fa (rolling technique)
- Improve your needling techniques and sensitivity and bring greater connection and presence to your needling
- Improve palpation skills, bodywork confidence and be reminded of the power of therapeutic touch
Take this opportunity to
Sarah was one of the first Westerners to practice Tui na in the UK. She is known as an inspiring teacher, workshop leader and practitioner with over 20 years of experience. Sarah is the author of two Tui na books: ‘Chinese Massage Manual’ and ‘Tui na – A Manual Of Chinese Massage Therapy’ both published by Singing Dragon. Both books are used as essential texts on Tui na training courses in the UK, Europe and the USA.
“Without hesitation, I wholeheartedly recommend embarking on studies with Sarah Pritchard. Her dynamic, engaging and clear teaching style brings the information to life in a way completely unique way. In two days with Sarah I learnt innumerable concepts and techniques that I had never been introduced to before, and some of the simplest things that I learned completely changed the way I approached treatments. These are techniques that you can implement immediately after the course to start to see their clinical effects.“
~K.R. Live Workshop Student, 2018
“We look forward to seeing you there!” -Sarah Pritchard
*Please note that as Sarah and her T.A. will be travelling a long distance to teach, there will be no refunds after sign up unless Sarah cancels workshop for any reason (then there would be a 100% refund). Extreme cases considered and to be discussed with Sarah.