Tui Na & Moxibustion Menopause: Edmonton LIVE WORKSHOP
~May 4-5, 2019~
with Sarah Pritchard Lic.AC, MBAcC., Dip. Tui Na, Clin. Cert. Tui Na (Nanjing)
FOR ACUPUNCTURISTS – 14 CEUs
“Wow, that is my gut feeling from the weekend. I feel inspired, rejuvenated and excited to use what I learned in my work.
Several Ah-Ha moments brought me back to the basics of our craft and helped me re- connect the long forgotten dots.
Sarah your delivery of knowledge is so dynamic and unassuming, I was captured and focused every single moment.”
~Julianne Peterson, R.Ac., 2018 Live Workshop Student
Date: Saturday May 4th – Sunday May 5th, 2019
Time: 9:30am – 5:30pm (14 CEUs)
Location: MacEwan University, Robbins Health Learning Centre
9-302J, 10700-104 Ave NW, Edmonton
Fee: C$365 early bird (until February 15th); $385 thereafter
Student rate: C$310 early bird rate (before February 15th) and $330 thereafter – please send proof of current student ID through the ‘contact’ area of the site in order to receive your coupon code).
Contact: Please contact Sarah directly should you have any questions about this amazing workshop: email@example.com
Still somewhat a taboo subject, the menopause is a powerful rite of passage for women and holds the potential for profound spiritual development.
As practitioners, how can we best support and enable women to have a positive experience into and through the menopause as a fundamental doorway of life? How can we provide the nurturing space for women to feel, process, surrender, and reclaim their power?
In this two day practical workshop for acupuncturists, we will:
- Explore the role of the Eight Extraordinary Meridians, with a special focus on the Wei Mai vessels, the vessels of ageing which represent the 7 & 8 year cycles of time
- Learn a simple and effective Yin style Tui na routine for nourishing, calming, centring and slowing Qi down to support the Yuan Qi, Nourish Kidneys and calm the Shen
- Learn a powerful routine for working on the Yin Wei Mai; experience this deep vessel tangibly in your body and bring it to life in your hands
- Experience alternative methods for accessing Qi and stimulating points
- Improve your needling techniques and sensitivity and bring greater connection and presence to your needling
- Improve palpation skills, bodywork confidence and be reminded of the power of therapeutic touch
Take this opportunity to
Sarah was one of the first Westerners to practice Tui na in the UK. She is known as an inspiring teacher, workshop leader and practitioner with over 20 years of experience. Sarah is the author of two Tui na books: ‘Chinese Massage Manual’ and ‘Tui na – A Manual Of Chinese Massage Therapy’ both published by Singing Dragon. Both books are used as essential texts on Tui na training courses in the UK, Europe and the USA.
“I really enjoyed this course. It was brilliant, as usual you set my grey matter off so I get home, the books come out again when I should be desperately finishing off my tax return! Three menopausal patients have floated off down the road very happy this week so they thank you too.“
“We look forward to seeing you there!” -Sarah Pritchard
*Please note that as Sarah and her T.A. will be travelling a long distance to teach, there will be no refunds after sign up unless Sarah cancels workshop for any reason (then there would be a 100% refund). Extreme cases considered and to be discussed with Sarah.