Constitutional Types and Subtypes
FOR ACUPUNCTURISTS – 4 CEUs
Date: Saturday, November 18th, 2017 from 1pm-5pm
Location: JBCC (John Braithwaite Community Centre), Meeting Room #1 (map)
Iridology is defined as the study of the colour and structure of the iris of the eye as it relates to the genetic predisposition and health of the body systems.
In this live workshop, you will learn about Iridology constitutional types and subtypes plus the basics of Iridology. You will learn how to use that information to consider various TCM patterns, give detailed dietary and lifestyle advice, and/or to confirm your TCM diagnosis.
This course will help you create a clearer TCM diagnosis as it can be used as one of your ‘check’ systems, along with the 4 Pillars. One of the main advantages of understanding the constitutional types and subtypes is that you will be able to understand the TCM patterns that your patient either has or will have a tendency to manifest (an ultimate skill for prevention).
By the end of this course, you will find that you will be able to find a more accurate TCM diagnosis and treatment plan for your patient by using the basics of iridology.
- Learn the basics of iridology.
- Be able to compare iridology constitutional types and subtypes with TCM patterns.
- Use basic iridology to help confirm a TCM diagnosis and help direct you with confusing and complex cases.
- Learn how to create a stronger TCM treatment plan including diet, lifestyle, amount and frequency of treatments, herbals, and point selections.
- Understand the pre-heaven constitution (essence) of a patient.
- Be able to communicate with your patient about areas they will need to take closer care of for optimal health. This includes learning how to discuss their innate constitution with them.
- What is Iridology and how can you use it in your acupuncture practice?
- What Iridology can and cannot do
- Brief anatomy and physiology of the eye
- Understanding an Iridology chart
- Various possible eye pigments and meaning
- Shading – How to tell how chronic or acute a syndrome is
- 3 Main constitutional types + TCM patterns, diet and lifestyle suggestions
- 15-minute break
- Constitutional Sub-Types in Iridology and TCM
- Demonstration of an iris analysis
- Split up into pairs and assess each others’ eyes with instructor supervision
You can see an example of the teachings within the full online course here:
*Course comes with a guidebook and general TCM pattern dietary teachings.
*This course will run with 10+ students and there are no refunds for any cancellations 2 weeks before the workshop date.