HOW TO USE YOUR BOOTCAMPS FOR EXAM SUCCESS – PLEASE READ!
The Bootcamps #1-3 series was originally designed to take in succession in order to pass your Board Exams – the first time around. The timing of each bootcamp is important, so please read the following to see how to best use your bootcamps for exam success:
1) Bootcamp #1 is to be taken around 3-10 months (depending on how much time you have to study) before your written exam. It is also very common for second year students to take this course to get well ahead of the game! You own this bootcamp for 10 months.
2) Bootcamp #2 is to be taken around a month or so before both your written and cases exams, or at least when you feel like you are mostly studied. This is the bootcamp that takes you through a large series of tests to ensure that you know everything that you should for your exam. You own this bootcamp for 10 months.
2.5) Bootcamp #2.5 is for AB and NL resident students only as they have an extra exam in addition to the Pan-Canadians. This bootcamp can be taken at any time in your studies, but at least have it a month before your exam. This one covers the CNT/modalities exam and is extremely beneficial as you can follow along with the instructor for as many hours as you need, or at least until your flow is perfect! You own this bootcamp for 10 months.
3) Bootcamp #3 is normally taken a month or two before the case studies exam in the new year. However, this bootcamp can also be taken at any time, from your second year of college, to your years as a developing practitioner. You own this bootcamp for 10 life!
4) Herbal Bootcamp is the ultimate Chinese Herbal study guide will allow you to master your singular herbs, formulas, internal medicine and exam writing techniques, hints and tips. Let us take the challenging study of Chinese herbal medicine and break it down for you in a clear, easy-to-use study format. You own this bootcamp for 10 months.
5) Biomedical Bootcamp is an absolutely invaluable bootcamp both for your exams, and I promise you that you will use your guidebook in your clinic for many years to come. This hefty bootcamp covers all of your main Western diseases along with the 143 TCM Illnesses and Pharmacology.This bootcamp is interactive so it keeps you on your toes the entire time, which is excellent for memory retention. That being said, many students listen to this bootcamp and bootcamp 1 while commuting or cooking dinner, as they are easy to listen to as well.
Please read on for further detail on each bootcamp:
Bootcamp #1: What Do You Need To Study?
Description: This online course takes everything you learned in three years at school, and distills it down to what you really need to know. The purpose of this course is to prepare you for your written exam in October. Prior to the course you will purchase the study guide in unit 1 for $9.99, which you will use as you follow along with the course videos (the first part of the study guide is included right in the course so that you can get going right away!). Throughout the course as you have questions and comments, use the Discussion Board to interact directly with Gillian as well as your fellow course-mates. Your 120+ page study guide which includes study tips, memorization aids, charts, and more will immediately become your new best friend. You know how important it is to pass the exam the first time, and this bootcamp gets you there with confidence.
Day 1 – What Do You Need To Study? A DETAILED Review
- Register, purchase 120+ page study guide
- Review of Pan-Canadian Examination General Overview
- Suggested reference texts
- Points chart discussion
- Syndromes, tongue, pulse
- 4 pillars
Day 2 – Continue Detailed Review
- 6 Stages, 4 Levels, TE Diagnosis
- Point energetics and quick charts with study shortcuts
- Safety Course discussion
- Fast tracking your memorization
- Interpersonal skills/By-laws/Ethics
- Exam time management
- Discuss template handouts for home study
- Written exam case study breakdown instruction and practice
- Learn how to break cases down quickly and correctly
- Take home mock exam + answer key to be completed BEFORE your studies
Bootcamp #2: Do You Know What You Think You Know?
Description: This online course should be taken at least one month before your October written exam. The purpose of Bootcamp #2 is to find out what areas of the written exam (and cases exam!) you need to focus on the most. Throughout this course you will take practice test after practice test that will cover a wide range of topics with many of them having video answer keys so you can see how to get to the answer. The goal is to identify the areas you still need to study. Throughout the course you are invited to take your questions and comments to the discussion board, where you can interact directly with Gillian and your fellow course-mates. This Bootcamp is an invaluable experience for finding the holes in your knowledge before the exam so that you can pass it the first time.
BC #2 – Do You Know What You Think You Know?
- Case study practice exams with video answer keys
- Over 15 testing stations covering everything from your foundations to points to advanced case studies. You name it and it is examined!
- Full of video answer keys
- Two, 100 question mock exams with answer keys
- Exam hints, tips and a pep talk
- Add any questions you may have to the discussion board
Bootcamp #2.5: Passing Alberta’s Practical Exam (or if you are a NL resident)
Description: If you plan to have a practice in Alberta you will have to pass the College and Association of Acupuncturists (CAAA) practical exam available once per year. This is a difficult exam with an average 30% pass rate. This online course consists of video after video that takes you through each station of the practical exam in great detail. By watching the videos you will learn exactly what the examiners are looking for. Each video is highly informative and designed to be watched repeatedly, or until you are comfortable with its material. Throughout the course if you have questions or comments you will have access to a course discussion board where you can interact directly with both Gillian and your course-mates. If you practice in Alberta, you will need to take this exam in addition to the October written exam, and January case study exam.
Bootcamp #3: Break Down Any TCM Case Study Efficiently and Successfully
Description: This course is intended to prepare you for the January case study board exam. However, it is also a valuable resource for practitioners looking to improve their clinical skills. The January board exam consists of long and short answer case studies in addition to various TCM questions. This course teaches you the skills you need to excel at these case studies. Upon registration you can download the detailed course book, which will provide you with the necessary course materials as you follow along with each video. Instead of lessons on case studies you will watch as Instructor, Gillian Marsollier uses her TCM foundations to arrive at the correct diagnosis. Throughout the course you will engage in quizzes, tests, and case studies of your own. There is also an audio component that will demonstrate how to take a thorough patient history.
Herbal Bootcamp will take you through a unique, step-by-step study method to ensure that you have all of your necessary herbal exam requirements in your brain – no easy feat, but she certainly makes it look that way! It is undeniable that herbs has it’s own challenge of very detailed memorization. Say goodbye to the challenge as you study along with your instructor. By the end of this course, you will have all of the singular herbs and formulas cemented in your memory and you will know how to write your herbal exams for success.
Master your correct formula applications and effective modifications to your TCM diagnosis!
This course includes:
- 3-Step program to facilitate your mastery of single herbs.
- 3-Step program to learning formulas.
- Internal medicine overview, applying your formulas and single herbs in context.
- Many templates at all levels of study to make memorization fun and effective!
- A 200+ page detailed study guide.
- Blank Templates and Quizzes to test your knowledge.
- How to write your exam for success!
Biomedical Bootcamp will save you a tonne of time in your own studies. Rather than researching and putting all of this information together, it is all done for you and you just need to listen along and fill in parts of your guidebook. In this bootcamp we will cover:
- Common biomedical abbreviations
- General systems and pathophysiology
- Cranial nerves
- Common Western diseases (from cardiovascular to respiratory conditions) including: red flags, cardinal symptoms & full symptoms; TCM illness, causes, diagnosis, treatment and referring
- 143 TCM Illnesses which includes: your full TCM internal medicine; western medicine comparative diseases/red flags/etiology and pathophysiology; acupuncture patterns, symptoms, treatment principle and common points
- Pharmacology which includes: main body systems and the common drugs used; mechanism of action, adverse effect and drug examples
- 100-question exam at the end to test your knowledge!
Please see our new exam designation student rate bundles. Now you can take all the bootcamps you need for exam success, at a low student rate. Let us take the worry out of your studies, and help you pass – the first time!